Magdalene College is offering applications for the Standard Bank Chairmanâ€™s Scholarships that open to academically excellent candidates.
The award program is awarded annually to African students commencing an MPhil degree from Cambridgeâ€™s one of the best colleges in theÂ UK.
University or Organization: Magdalene College
Course Level: MPhil degree
Award: Full award
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: 4
The award can be taken inÂ theÂ United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Cote dâ€™Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: MPhils inÂ Economics,Â Education,Â EngineeringÂ forÂ Sustainable DevelopmentÂ orÂ FinanceÂ andÂ Management
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the candidates must meet all the given criteria:
- Preference will be offered to candidates who have indicated Magdalene College as their first College choice in their University application. Magdalene College will select candidates.
- Applicants holding a University offer for an MPhil with primary nationality as mentioned above
- Applicants to the MBA and MFin are not eligible.
- NB: Preference will be given to students ordinarily resident in Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria and South Africa who have been accepted to undertake MPhils in Economics, Education, Engineering for Sustainable Development or Finance and Management.
How to Apply: Applicants must takeÂ admissionÂ to hold an offer for MPhils study at Magdalene College. After that, applicants can submit anÂ online application formÂ with two recent academic references details to receive a Standard Bank Africa Scholarship.
- Note: If cannot apply online, applicants can also send the completed application form with all related supporting documents toÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supporting Documents: must submit the following:
- Submit a copy of your completed University of Cambridge Application Form (PDFÂ orÂ Word) and use the following document naming convention: sbcs_firstname_lastname_uoc_application.pdf.
- Upload any supporting documentation that you consider relevant, such as transcripts and use the following document naming convention: sbcs_firstname_lastname_supporting_doc.pdf.
- Admission Requirements: Before enrolling in Master of Philosophy study must check allÂ entry criteriaÂ of Magdalene College at Cambridge.
- Language Requirement: IfÂ EnglishÂ is not your firstÂ language, you will need to submit evidence of theÂ EnglishÂ languageÂ requirementÂ before you are admitted to your proposed course at Cambridge College.
The bursaries are full awards that cover University Fees (overseas rate), a full maintenance grant for a single person, and Â£2,500 travel and settling-in allowance.
Application Deadline: 13 March 2020