Anglo American, together with CEPMLP, acknowledges the importance of contributing worldwide to sustainable mineral resources development.
As part of its interest in supporting best regulatory practice in the mining sector, Anglo American are now offering two fully funded postgraduate scholarships leading to theÂ LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy.
Course Level:Â Masters
Eligible Countries:Â South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, Brazil, Peru, Colombia or Chile.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants eligible for consideration should:
- Already hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK upper second class honours degree or higher
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of English language competence (minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent, with no component less than 6.0)
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in mining in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Applicant should also be a national and resident of the following countries above at the time of applying for the award, go on to complete the degree within 12 months and return to their home country at the end of the period of study:
Number of Awards:Â 2
Value of Award:Â Successful applicants will receive:
- Payment of academic tuition fees
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student
- An arrival allowance and thesis/internship report allowance
Duration of Programme:Â 1 year
Method of Application:Â There is no separate application form for the Anglo American Scholarship.
Candidates who are offeredÂ unconditionalÂ admission to the full-time LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy programme should provide a 250-word Personal Statement sent by email attachment toÂ Alison AndersonÂ by Friday 16th November 2018.Â Those who hold a conditional offer are not eligible to submit the supporting statement.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 16th November 2018.