CLIFF-GRADS is a joint initiative of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change (CCAFS) Low Emissions Development Flagship and the Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA).
The CLIFF-GRADS program invites applications from students from developing countries currently enrolled in PhD programs for short-term scientific training and research stays on topics related to the measurement and management of greenhouse gas emissions and carbon storage in agricultural systems.
Course Level: Training, Research, PhD
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should have a background in agriculture and climate change research and be pursuing graduate research related to agricultural greenhouse gas quantification.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled PhD students in a field related to quantification of greenhouse gas emissions or carbon sequestration in agricultural systems
- Applicants must be students from a developing country
Selection Criteria: Applicants will be selected based on three criteria: (1) overall level of research experience, (2) relevance of thesis topic or other research experience to the research opportunity to which the student is applying, and (3) clear description of how the CLIFF-GRADS experience will improve the student’s scientific training
Value of Award:
- Selected students will be sponsored in the amount of 10,000–12,000 USD for short-term (4–6 month) scientific training and research stays to collaborate with projects associated with CCAFS and GRA.
- The grants will be used to support travel to and living and research costs at the host institution. Grants may not be used for tuition or unrelated personal expenses.
Duration of Programme: 4-6 months
Method of Application: The application must include the following documents merged into one pdf file:
- 1-2 page motivation letter (described below)
- 1-page curriculum vitae that includes your contact details
- Letter of support from your university supervisor
- All applications must be in English
- Please submit your application by email to Julianna White, Program Manager for CCAFS Low Emissions Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also contact Julianna with questions
Scholarship Application Deadline: 30th September, 2018