2019 will make it is 50 years since we found the first case of the disease.
50 years since the detection of Lassa fever in Nigeria, outbreaks have been recorded yearly in parts of the country.
In 2018, Nigeria experienced the largest reported outbreak of Lassa Fever with 21 of 36 States in the country affected.
The 50th year of discovery of the Lassa fever is an opportunity for the scientific community to reflect on what is known, describe gaps that exist and prioritise the research agenda for the future.
Course Level:Â Conference
To be taken at (country):Â Nigeria
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for the travel scholarship you must:
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Must have a degree or be currently enrolled in a University
- Submit an abstract based on one of the conference sub-themes
- Must be able to speak English
- All applicants must commit to be available from the 16th â€“ 17th of January 2019
Number of Awards:Â up to 30
Value of Award:Â
Duration of Programme:Â 16th â€“ 17th of January 2019
Method of Application:Â Apply here
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 30th of September 2018.