The Africa Region of the World Bank Group (WBG) is announcing the third Africa Fellowship Program for PhD students and recent graduates who are Sub-Saharan nationals.Â TheÂ World Bank Africa Fellowship program intends to attract young African talent to the World Bank Group workplace.
Course Level:Â PhD, Fellowship
Eligible Countries:Â Sub-Saharan African countries
Eligibility Criteria:Â A candidate of theÂ World Bank Africa Fellowship must:
- Be a Sub-Saharan national who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D. program in all relevant field of development, including, but not limited to economics, education, health, governance, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, demography.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period
Selection Criteria:Â The following additional attributes are highly desirable:
- a command of an additional World Bank official language
- national from fragile and conflict-affected countries
- candidates from refugee and internally displaced communities and/or with proven experience on forced displacement
After submitting an application online, the most promising candidates for the World Bank Africa Fellowship will be identified, and their application packages forwarded to World Bank Africa Region managers and participating departments for consideration. Departments and managers will then indicate their preferences, as well as the project to be undertaken.
Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, will be hired as short-term consultants for a minimum of six months.
Number of Awardees:Â Not specified
Value of Fellowship:Â Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and workerâ€™s compensation insurance.
Duration of Fellowship:Â Fellows will spend a minimum of six months.
Method of Application:Â Apply for the Africa Fellowship Program now
Application Deadline:Â 5th October, 2018
Award Provider:Â World Bank Group