UAE Minister of State for Food and Water Security, has announced the launch of the second (virtual) edition of the Arab Women Leaders in Agriculture (AWLA) fellowship programme for women scientists in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
In collaboration with the Islamic Development Bank, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and CGIAR Research Program on Wheat, AWLA by ICBA represents the first research and leadership development fellowship specific to agricultural research. The program is designed to gather women researchers from different countries to drive together positive change towards agriculture prosperity, while addressing the challenges they face in their careers’ progress.
AWLA invites Arab women researchers and women affiliated with research and development in agriculture, food security and nutrition in the Middle East and North Africa region.
AWLA’s theme is about “The role of women in agriculture prosperity”. Opening doors for Arab women researchers to strengthen their intellectual collaboration by exchanging ideas, good practices and stories on the difference women can make in agriculture.
As an AWLA Fellow you will
- Boost your skills and knowledge through various channels of structured and applied learning: spot-on leadership and research and development training, coaching and mentoring to guide your career development and learning.
- Work on team-based capstone projects to initiate collaborative solutions for driving positive change in agriculture.
- Access information and tools needed to acquire funding for applied research projects.
- Experience different cultures through learning to work with others across boundaries of place and culture.
- Expand your knowledge on relevant research and development topics in different parts of the MENA region.
- Raise awareness about organizational gender dynamics, shift attitudes around gender perceptions and take part in the transformation of a gender responsive culture and inclusive and enabling environment.
- Join in the establishment of the first regional R&D forum to address the region’s pressing challenges in R&D, and the first network platform of Arab Women Researchers within and across disciplines.
Opening doors to great opportunities and possibilities
To create a sustainable difference Awla aims to enrich its fellows’ participative experience throughout and beyond the duration of the program. In coordination with AWLA’s strategic partners, fellows have the opportunity to benefit from a range of related resources, assets, and networks through:
- Participation in regional & international conferences
- Membership in relevant scientific associations
- A forum to discuss regional R&D challenges
- Research placement with international R&D institutions
- A regional network of Arab women researchers within and across disciplines.
Application Deadline:April 15th 2021