DAAD in Germany invites applications for the Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) for 2021/22 academic session.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.
They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two yearsâ€™ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Masterâ€™s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Masterâ€™s/PhD) in Germany
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam â€“ top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two yearsâ€™ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Worth of Award
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
How to Apply
Submit these documents in your applications.
- DAAD application form
- hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form
- hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) maximum 2 pages
- academic letter/s of recommendation (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer (the letters must have a letterhead, a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and -if possible- a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
Deadline:Â applications deadline depends on the chosen study programme; please check the scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.