University of Fort Hare is offering two Scholarships to individuals who are available for third and/or fourth year study in Law at the Institution.
Eligible Countries: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia.
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The African Union Commission will offer full scholarships to the successful African candidates.
Duration of Programme: Fulltime
There are TWO awards at the University of Fort Hare:
LLB Leigh Day Scholarship
Eligibility: To apply for this scholarship you must be:
- A current second or third year LLB student at the University of Fort Hare.
- Be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia.
- Be normally resident in South Africa.
- In possession of good results for completed years of study, or be able to demonstrate improvement.
What they offer:
Awards will be R40,000 per academic year. Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning
Joel Joffe LLB Scholarship
Eligibility: Applicants must be:
- A national of, and normally resident in, South Africa.
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement.
- A current undergraduate 3rd year student of Law at the University of Fort Hare.
What we offer: The Joel Joffe scholarship includes:
- R40,000 towards the last year of your LLB study.
- A paid internship at Equal Education Law Centre or Legal Resources Centre after the completion of LLB study.
- An opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events.
How To Apply:
You can apply for both scholarships if you meet the eligibility criteria for both scholarships.
- Please check this document for more information on the eligibility criteria for the Leigh Day Scholarship.
- Please check this document for more information on the eligibility criteria for the Joel Joffe Scholarship.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
Application Deadline: 5th October 2020