The Reel Foundation in Partnership with TOTAL is offering the Reel Young Writers Challenge for children in 2020.
At REEL, they believe that children irrespective of the socio-economic background deserve access to quality learning. They are convinced that equitable access to quality learning for children is the bedrock to ensure a positive future for Africa.
Worth of Award
- 1st Prize will receive #50,000 Cash Prize and Tablet preloaded with Learning resources
- 2nd Prize will receive #30,000 Cash Prize and Tablet preloaded with Learning resources
- 3rd Prize will receive #15,000 Cash Prize and Tablet preloaded with Learning resources
- The remaining 7 will also get special prizes
- In addition to prizes, all top 10 entries will get a one-time career counselling session to explore careers that require strong writing skills
- Write a story on how COVID-19 has impacted your life or people around you and what can be learned from the experience of staying at home.
- Age Group: 7 -13 years old
How to Apply
- Write a short story of between 500 to 1000 words using the challenge
- Stories must be typed in English and an original unpublished work
- Your entry must include the following information: Full Name of Writer, Residential Address, Date of Birth, School, Name of Parents/Guardian and Phone Numbers
- Entries can be submitted via any one of the following: Email: holloproolearning.org or via Whatsapp to 07025503338
Deadline:Â Application Opens July 20th and closesÂ August 20th, 2020.