The University of Tasmania is inviting applications for the Australian Government Research Training Program( RTP ) Scholarship in 2020. RTP scholarships are available for a maximum period of two years for a research master. RTP scholarships are available for a research doctorate degree for a minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years, at the discretion of the HEP.
RTP Scholarships are funded by the Commonwealth Government to provide support to students enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research at an Australian University.
The support offered at the University of Tasmania may consist of one or more of the following components:
- RTP Stipend (formerly Australian Postgraduate Award):Â Awarded competitively to students of exceptional research potential to assist with living costs while undertaking a Higher Degree by Research.
- RTP Allowance:Â Paid to students to assist with ancillary costs associated with undertaking a Higher Degree by Research such as Overseas Student Health Cover, relocation costs, thesis printing and academic publication costs.
- RTP Fees Offset (formerly International Postgraduate Research Scholarship):Â Awarded competitively to students of exceptional research potential to assist with tuition fees while undertaking a Higher Degree by Research. An RTP Fees Offset covers all course tuition fees. Other applicable fees, such as Student Services and Amenities Fees (SSAF) will be the responsibility of the student.
Worth of Award
- RTP Stipend (formerly Australian Postgraduate Award): AUD$28,092pa (non-taxable)
- RTP Allowance: Domestic and international award holders can be reimbursed for up to AUD $2,000 in total upon production of receipts.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance a candidate must be either a domestic or overseas student enrolled in an accredited higher degree by research at the University.
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset a candidate must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset tuition fees for their higher degree by research.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend a candidate must not be receiving income from another source to support the candidateâ€™s general living costs while undertaking their higher degree by research if that income is greater than 75 percent of the candidateâ€™s RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the candidateâ€™s higher degree by research or income received for the candidateâ€™s higher degree by research but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
How to Apply
- Applicants should complete anÂ application in conjunction with their supervisory team. Please indicate on theÂ application if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Future candidatesÂ should review the scholarship information above and then visit the school Apply Now page for further instructions. Applications for scholarships will be reviewed and ranked on a competitive basis.
- Current candidatesÂ may submit a scholarship application at a later stage in their candidature with support from their School. Applications by current candidates will be reviewed as part of a competitive process. Please contact theÂ Graduate Research Office for a current candidate scholarship application form.
Deadline:Â Applications can be submitted byÂ October 30, 2020