The Taipei City Government is now accepting entries from outstanding designers around the world for its 2020 Design Award. The deadline for the submission of applications for theÂ Taipei International Design AwardÂ is 15th July, 2020.
Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei International Design Award in the ethos of â€œDesign for Adaptive Cityâ€, as an ongoing gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of â€œDesign Taipei; Dream Taipeiâ€.
Here is an open call for outstanding international designs and an effort to shape Taipei into a convergence platform for creative designs, thereby to discover creative designs with business potential, and further still, to encourage practices of social design in an advocacy that design as a medium can bring humans a better, more pleasant and convenient life.
Taipei International Design Award Categories.
Entries are grouped into three main categories:
- Visual Communication Design: Visual communication includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing.
- Public Space Design: Open space provided for public use, government buildings, and private establishments that are partially provided for public use.
- Industrial Design: Industrial design refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, Transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
- Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after June 30, 2018.
- Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.
Taipei International Design Award Prizes.
- The total award amounts to NT$3,800,000.
Taipei International Design Award Assessment Criteria.
- Use of new materials to reduce pollution and solve daily life hassles
- Level of commercialization
- The industrial design category will be selected based on the completeness and feasibility of the production plan of the work.
- Creativity, innovation
- Innovative application of functions, materials and techniques
- Sophistication of design works
- Visual attraction and aesthetical interpretation
Method of Application
- All registration must be performed online. After completing online registration, you will receive an automatic email of â€˜Account Confirmed Notificationâ€™. Contestants can sign on and upload files before the registration deadline, and then sign the â€œIntellectual Property Rights Disclaimerâ€ to complete the registration procedure. The system will send an automatic email of â€˜Registration Confirmed Notificationâ€™ to the contestantâ€™s email address.
- Enter into the registration form your email address correctly in order to receive event-related information from the event executor.