Each year the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) offers undergraduate Scholarships for 37 Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study.
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT),in the amount of One Hundred thousand Naira each, to Nigerian female undergraduate students in Nigerian university or tertiary institutions.
NWAG, a non-profit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, was founded in April 2000 by the then Consul Generalâ€™s wife, Mrs. Dayo Keshi with a mission to empower women, youth and children in their adopted community in the United States and in their home country, Nigeria.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- Proof of State of Origin-Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on: â€œHuman Trafficking is on the rise. Explain the rapid spread and its effect on the human raceâ€.Â How can it be stopped?
Method of Application
Application Form and process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.
Interested applicants are advised toÂ download an application form here. submit theirapplications and all required documents to NWAG either by regular mailÂ to P.O. Box 244132,Â Atlanta, GA 30324 orÂ electronically via email atÂ email@example.com. All electronic submissions must be inÂ PDF format.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 30th May, 2020.