Consolidated Hallmark Insurance in line with its Corporate Social Responsibility policy of encouraging, research especially in the study of insurance at tertiary level, hereby invites entries for the 2020 Edition of the companyâ€™s Annual Essay Competition.
Essay Topic: Financial Technology Disruption in the Banking Sector and Lessons for the Insurance Industry, a Case Study of â€˜Opayâ€™ (Mobile Bank)
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Essay Competition Assessment Process.
The assessment shall be in two levels:
- First level shall be the studentsâ€™ departmental assessment panel to be constituted by the HODs which shall forward the best three entries to the company.
- Second level shall be by an independent panel of distinguished insurance practitioners to be constituted by the company, who shall grade the best entries received from the various Institutions.
- Students from 300L/HND1 and above, of Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria studying Insurance or Actuarial Science.
- Length of Essay: About 1000 words
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Essay Competition Prizes.
- 1st Prize: N250,000 and automatic employment in the company
- 2nd Prize: N150,000
- 3rd Prize: 100,000
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Essay Competition Criteria.
- Essay must be original works of the student, with clearly acknowledged references.
- Must be type-written in double line spacing.
- The students would be judged on content, organization and mechanical accuracy.
- The decision of the judges is final.
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Essay Competition Award Ceremony.
- The Top Three Finalists shall be announced at an Awards Ceremony to be graced by Parents/Guardians of winners and a representative of their institutions who shall be sponsored to attend. The event will be publicised in the print media.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Essay to the â€œHead of Insurance Departmentâ€ of their Institution. The respective HODs or their representative shall forward the best three entries from their Institutions in PDF format, with contact details of the studentsÂ (including phone numbers) to:Â email@example.comÂ while hard copies should be posted to:
The Chairman Awards Committee,
Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Plc,
266 Ikorodu Road,
Scholarship Application Deadline: 16th March, 2020.