The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited (Operator of NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers second year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The scholarship aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
The merit-based scholarship is in two categories â€“ the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award(OM).
i) The National Merit Award (NM): Is open to all Nigerians.
ii) The Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM): is for Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDCâ€™s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
- Be registered Full Time undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Be in 200 level with (as at December, 2019).
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the â€œApplyâ€ button below:
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Applicants for Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, which must be duly stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or
- The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC) or
- The letters should be addressed to: â€œThe Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers Stateâ€.
- Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be JPEG.
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge
- SPDC JV does not assign â€˜Representativesâ€™ / â€˜Agentsâ€™ to assist applicantsâ€™ to process applications
- Only candidates shortlisted for selection tests will be contacted
- Beware of the fraud websites when applying for scholarships online. Only use Shell Nigeria website for application.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 28th February, 2020.