The President and Fellows of Harvard College are pleased to announce the Frank Knox Fellowships for British citizens to get a degree from a prestigious university in theÂ US.
Provided by Mrs Annie Reid Knox for the Frank Knox Memorial, the program is open to enable students from theÂ UKÂ to study at Harvard.
University or Organization: Harvard University
Course Level: Full-time degree programs
Award: $32,000 plus tuition and health insurance fee per annum
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: British citizens
The award can be taken inÂ the USA
- Eligible Countries: UK
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award will be awarded to pursue a full-time degree in any subject at Harvard
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following:
- Applicants must be British citizens who are normally resident in the UK
- No application will be considered from any student already in the United States.
- Men and women who are British citizens at the time of application, normally resident in the UK, who â€“ 1) are studying for a first or higher degree and will graduate in the academic year 2019-20 or 2) are a UK-registered PhD student hoping for an additional year as a Visiting Fellow at Harvard or 3) have completed a first or higher degree and graduated most recently no earlier than 2015.
- Must apply for and gain admission to one of the graduate or professional schools at Harvard University. You may apply as a degree or non-degree students but should note that preference will be given to candidates pursuing full-time degree programs
- Candidates seeking admission to the Law School should note that the School requires students to have completed their resident university education and have graduated from their basic degree in Law by the time they would begin their studies on an advanced (Master of Laws) degree program.
- Fellows must be enrolled in full-time, in-residence degree programs which run during the regular academic year.
- Students in part-time, summer or on-line programs are not eligible for consideration.
- UK-registered PhD students who will apply for a Visiting Fellowship should not have written up or submitted their PhD by the end of their year at Harvard.
- Knox Fellowships are not awarded for postdoctoral or undergraduate study at Harvard.
How to Apply: To submit an application you must register to access the secureÂ online application submissionÂ Candidates should submit separate applications for admission to the following appropriate School at the earliest possible time and need not wait for the deadline.
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Harvard Business School
- Harvard Divinity School
- Harvard Kennedy School
- T H Chan School of Public Health
- Graduate School of Design
- Graduate School of Education
- Harvard Law School
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are asked to write a short essay which must not exceed 1,000 words, the names and professional email addresses of two referees, and English language proficiency certificate.
- Admission Requirements: Each school or study institute has its own entry requirements. So, before starting your application you must check all the admission criteria carefully.
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to have Excellency of English language proficiency in speaking, writing, and leaning.
Harvard will provide at least $32,000 annum value for each fellowship. The program will provide the full Harvard tuition and mandatory health insurance fees and provides a stipend sufficient to cover the living expenses of a single Fellow for a 10-month academic year.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 23rd October 2019