UWC is a unique organisation. It is the only global educational NGO that brings students together from all over the world, selected from within their own countries, on merit and regardless of their ability to pay. These students come together at one of seventeen UWC schools and colleges that aim to foster international peace and understanding.
The Nigerian National Committee for the United World Colleges (UWC) invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian candidates for a limited number of needs based scholarship awards and fee paying places in some UWCs.
The colleges prepare students for a two-year International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Certificate.
Parents/Guardians may be required to foot the bills of their wards flight ticket, pocket money, health insurance, clothing etc. where applicable. Some scholarship awards may only partially cover the cost of tuition and accommodation.
The UWC movement is a non-profit making organization with International Headquarters in London. The Nigeria National Committee was founded in 1982. Currently Mr. Hakeem Belo-Osagie (an alumnus of UWC) is the Chairman of the Committee while Mr. Akintola Williams (CBE, OFR) is the National Patron.
Nigerian National Committee UWC Scholarship Eligibility.
- Be Nigerian. (Non-Nigerians residentÂ in Nigeria may apply either through their own national committees or directly to individual UWCsÂ throughÂ the Global Selection Programme).
- Be between the ages of 16 and 17.
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic ability
- Have obtained the Senior School Certificate-Â SSCE/GCE Oâ€™ Levels or their recognised equivalent. (Exceptional students in SS3 may apply on the basis of their 2 years continuous assessment as evidenced by their school transcripts)
Method of Application:
Application forms can be obtained on the payment ofÂ N10,000.00Â (TenÂ Thousand Naira only) while candidates from any public school who are nominated by the school may obtain the forms at the cost ofÂ N1,000.00Â (One ThousandÂ Naira only).
- Apply Online: ClickÂ HEREÂ toÂ download application form (PDF)
- Submit applicationsÂ HEREÂ or alternatively,Â submitÂ at any of the centers below or scanned and sent directly to our email:Â firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with the prescribed fees within the application period.
Forms canÂ alsoÂ be PurchasedÂ and Submitted at any of the following Centres below:
Nigerian National Committee Secretariat:
13th Floor, St.Â Nicholas House,
Catholic Mission Street,
Lagos â€“ Nigeria.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO FORM OF PAYMENT CAN BE EFFECTED AT THE CENTRE ABOVE. PAYÂ HERE
Dr. Kevin Ihenetu
Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre,
Plot 1075, Joseph Gomwalk Street, After Bahamas Plaza,
Gudu â€“Â Abuja.
Mrs. Chioma Nwigwe
18 Egbelo Street, Off Okporo Road,
Port Harcourt â€“Â Rivers State.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 12th October, 2019.
Selection Interview:Â Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a rigorous selection exercise at theÂ Sea School ApapaÂ holding fromÂ Friday,Â December 6thÂ to Sunday, December 8th, 2019. Candidates invited for the interview will be required to payÂ N6,000.00Â (Six Thousand naira only) interview fee to defray the cost of feeding, lodging etc.