The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUSTÂ provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education. The Scholars Program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure the scholarâ€™s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDES:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholarsâ€™ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoringÂ (Go-back Give-Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Masterâ€™s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
For the 2019/2020 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants withÂ WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE Oâ€™Level and Aâ€™Level or their equivalent ResultsÂ from an accredited/recognised institution and Certificate Ready and Satisfies KNUSTâ€™s Admission Requirements.Â NO AWAITING RESULTSÂ candidate will be accepted.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- All Subjects are considered; however, there is Preference for Science Students.
- The Applicant must be prepared toÂ Go-Back and Give-BackÂ to his or her Community.
Method of Application:
Download a copy of the 2019/2020 application formÂ here!
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
â„… Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The print out of KNUSTâ€™s online admission
- Original Certificates for both Oâ€™Level and Aâ€™Level results or their equivalent.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications close at 17:00GMT, Friday, 29th March, 2019
For More Information: