The St-Andrewâ€™s Society for the New YorkÂ State offers twoÂ scholarships to Scottish students, wishing to study for a postgraduate Masters in the U.S. It is a merit-based scholarship promotes postgraduate exchange between American and Scottish universities in any field of study.
Course Level: The scholarship is open for postgraduate and masterâ€™s
Study Subject: the scholarship will be awarded on any subject
Scholarship Award:Â Up to $35,000 in support ofÂ tuition, maintenance,Â and travel
Number of Scholarships:Â 2 each year
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Scotland
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scotland
- Must be Scottish by birth or descent and have up-to-date knowledge of Scotland, Scottish current affairs and of the Scottish tradition generally
- The Society expects its scholars to be good ambassadors for Scotland
- Preference is given to candidates who have no previous, or limited, the experience of the United States and for whom a period of study in that country may provide a life-changing experience
Candidates must also be:
- Either graduate of a Scottish university, Glasgow School of Art, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who have completed their first-degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) not earlier than 2018.
- Or students of a Scottish university, Glasgow School of Art, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, or of Oxford or Cambridge, who expect to complete their first-degree course (so as to be qualified to graduate) in 2019.
Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate contacts in each of the universities listed in the full particulars (see Downloadable documents).
- Full particulars
- Contact list for officersÂ in the eligible Scottish institutions, Oxford and Cambridge
Method of Application:Â Candidates apply directly to the university where they are studying in Scotland, Cambridge or Oxford. Under no circumstances should candidates apply directly to the trust.
- As part of the application, two references are required
- Candidates will be informed by 1st April 2019 whether they have been selected for the interview.
- Interviews will be held in April-May 2019.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 15, 2019