UNHCR, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is delighted to offer Chevening Scholarship for Masterâ€™s Degree in the United Kingdom. This scholarship is available for Syrian/Palestinian students.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Eligible Countries:Â This scholarship is available for Syrian/Palestinian students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Application conditions for the scholarship programme:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries covered by the grant and not a holder of the British citizenship. Syrian/Palestinian students holding Syrian travel documents and residing inside or outside Syria are entitled to apply for the scholarship (with the exception of refugee students in countries that are not covered by the Chevening Scholarship;
- You have completed your Bachelorâ€™s degree (undergraduate studies) before the deadline for submissions of the application;
- You have two years of practical experience, whether volunteering, part-time or full-time. The applicant must prove that he or she has completed 2,800 hours of work, equivalent to two years (of five working days per week);
- English language certificate;
- You are not (nor have you been) a beneficiary of any educational grants from the Government of the UK to study in the UK.
Method of Application:Â Applications can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the â€˜applyâ€™ button on this page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK masterâ€™s course choices
- Names of two referees who know you in a professional or academic capacity
Please note that if you are shortlisted for an award, you will be required to log into the online application system and request a reference from your referees. The request will generate an email to the referees and they will need to submit the reference by Monday, 25 February 2019. If your referees do not submit by this deadline, you will be unable to proceed with an interview.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â November 6, 2018