Academic Mobility for African Sustainable Development/AMAS Master and PhD Scholarships is now available for the academic year 2018-2019. This scholarship is available for young Africans.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Master and Doctoral degree programme.
ScholarshipÂ Award:Â Master Students- maximum of 25,000 â‚¬ to cover subsistence, insurance, travel, visa, tuition/participation and research costs.
PhD Candidates- maximum of 71,700 â‚¬ to cover subsistence, insurance, travel, visa, tuition/participation and research costs.
Nationality:Â This scholarship is available for Young Africans.
Number ofÂ Scholarships:Â Numbers not given
ScholarshipÂ can be taken inÂ Participating African Universities
- Moi University (MU), Kenya
- UniversitÃ© Mohammed V de Rabat (UM5R), Morocco
- Addis Ababa University (AAU), Ethiopia
- UniversitÃ© dâ€™Abomey-Calavi (UAC), Benin
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane (UEM), Mozambique
Technical Partner University
- UniversitÃ¤t Bayreuth (UBT), Germany
Eligible Countries:Â This scholarship is available for Young Africans:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana,Â Burkina Faso,Â Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger,Â Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe,Â Senegal,Â Seychelles, Sierra Leone,Â Somalia,Â South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia andÂ Zimbabwe.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Target I- Master and PhD student registered in one of the 5 African Partner Universities (PU), OR;
- Target II- Master and PhD student registered in any recognizable university, outside the 5 Partner Universities
- Master Students- undertake a minimum of 6months studies (credit seeking) or 24 months (degree-seeking) in any of the 4 Partner Universities outside their home university
- PhD Students- undertake a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 48 months of studies. Apply for any duration within the 6 â€“ 48 months mostly to seek credits and engage in research, but not apply for a full PhD engagement in any of the 4 Partner Universities outside their home/registered university
- For both Master and PhD, willingness to study the prescribed CFS and SBP Courses listed on Doc T1-Table of Mobility Courses offered at the recipient Partner University
- Both females and males are given equal eligibility statuses
- Applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds and populations are encouraged to apply
Method of Application:Â 1. Competence in the language of course delivery at recipient (Partner) University
- Both Master and Doctorate applicants should submit;
- Certified academic certificates and transcripts
- Certified proof of registration/admission at a University in Africa (see Target I and II above)
iii. Proof of nationality
- Completed application form Doc AF1- Application Form
- Letter of reference from two academic referees
- Two passport size photographs
The complete application dossier should be submitted as indicated on Doc ADP1-
Application Details & Procedures
Applications are called on Monday 11th June 2018 and closed on Wednesday 25th July 2018 at midnight (45 days)
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified in August 2018.
Scholarship Applications Deadline:Â July 25, 2018