The new Commonwealth Masterâ€™s Scholarships in South Africa is available on offer to citizens of aÂ Commonwealth countryÂ other thanÂ South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa.Â The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) is the worldâ€™s first and oldest international university network, established in 1913.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Eligible Nationality:Â Available to citizens of aÂ Commonwealth countryÂ other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa.
Participating Universities:Â South Africa Scholarships are tenable at:
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
Eligible nationalities:Â This scholarship is available to citizens of aÂ Commonwealth countryÂ other thanÂ South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of aÂ Commonwealth countryÂ other thanÂ South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa
- Applicants must hold an Honours degree or a four-year degree, equivalent to NQF 8 on the South African National Qualifications Framework, and with an average mark of at least 70%, and meet the minimum entry criteria of the proposed course of study
- Applicants must not be a current DHET-supported scholarship recipient
- Applicants must have applied for the identified study programme at the chosen university in South Africa on a full-time basis
- Applicantsâ€™ academic background should be aligned to the proposed field of study
Method of Application:Â First, you must apply for your chosen course directly with the university. Applicants are advised to arrange for their qualifications to be validated by theÂ South African Qualifications AuthorityÂ before applying to a university.
Separately,Â download this scholarship application form, and complete it in as much detail as possible.
As well as the application form, applicants must submit the following:
- A 500-word research proposal summary, containing:
- Scientific elements of the proposal: research rationale, problem identification, aims and objectives of research, theoretical framework and research methodology
- Social relevance of proposed study
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- At least one academic reference
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- Proof that you have applied for the relevant course at your university of choice
Please submit all the required documents above by email toÂ commonwealthscholarship-at-dhet.gov.za.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â July 13, 2018