Applications are invited for Tianjin University International Student Scholarship for non-Chinese students to study in China. The university awards full and partial scholarships to students.
TianjinÂ UniversityÂ SchoolÂ ofÂ International EducationÂ was established in January 2000, it is one of the secondary schools ofÂ TianjinÂ University.Â TheÂ schoolÂ ofÂ International EducationalÂ takes enrollment, teaching administration, and social administration and services functions of international students atÂ TianjinÂ UniversityÂ for its main task, and also undertakes the Chinese language teaching for international students.
Course Level:Â Scholarships are available for undergraduate, Master and PhD programs.
Eligible Countries:Â This scholarship is available to Non-Chinese students.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the Peopleâ€™s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- The requirements for applicantsâ€™ degree and age are that applicants must:
- Be a high school degree holder under the age of 30 when applying for the bachelorâ€™s programs;
- Be a bachelorâ€™s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the masterâ€™s programs;
- Be a masterâ€™s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the PhD programs.
Method of Application:Â The applicants must fill in and submit the following application materials according to the facts.
- Application Form for Foreigners Wishing to Study at Tianjin UniversityÂ andÂ Application Form forÂ Tianjin University Scholarship for International StudentÂ filled in Chinese or English by typing, pasted with a recent photo (white background, 35mm x 45mm in size );
- Photocopy of passport?
- Notarized certificate of the highest diploma. If applicants are university students, they must provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date, the original certificate should be provided after admission. If the applicants are employed, they must also provide proof of employment on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English (original one and a copy?;
- Academic transcriptsÂ (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English;
- Applicants who are now studying in China must submitÂ Photocopy of VisaÂ andÂ Transfer CertificateÂ from your present university in China;
- A study or research plan:Â Applicants who apply for Master or PhDÂ program must provide a study or research plan of no less than 800 words in English or Chinese;
- Two recommendation letters.Â Applicants who apply for Masterâ€™s need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors
- . Applicants who apply for the PhD need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors,
- Applicants for art studies are requested to submit two sketches of the applicantsâ€™ own works;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form.Â The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination due to the 6-months validity of the medical results;
- 10. Applicants who want to join in the programs taught in Chinese must submitÂ HSK certificate.Â A minimum requirement of HSK 4 (Score 180 or above) for applying science and engineering or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for applying liberal arts.
Applicants who want to join in the programs taught in English must submit theÂ certificate of TOEFLÂ (Score 80 or above), orÂ IELTSÂ (Score 6.0 or above)(Not required for native English speakers);Â Applicants who donâ€™t have one should submit anÂ English Level CertificateÂ or aÂ self-introduction videoÂ which should be recorded in English for 3-5 minutes in duration.
- Applicants who are not in China at present shall submitÂ Certificate of Non-Criminal Records.
The applicants need to mail all above application materials to International Admissions Office, School of International Education, Tianjin University.
Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â June 20, 2018