Canon Collins Trust invites applications from students from Southern Africa (Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe) for scholarships for Masters study in 2018/2019.
To be taken at: the following UK Universities;
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- University of Sussex
- University of Edinburgh
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants for all schemes within the 2018/2019 UK Scholarship Programme will be assessed on the basis of the information that they supply on their application form in addition to the criteria outlined below:
- Demonstrable leadership qualities
- Demonstrated commitment
- Quality and relevance of work experience, including work reference, and other skills
- Financial Need and the potential to contribute to Southern Africa’s future prosperity
- Academic record and academic reference
- Relevance of proposed course
- Intended career path
- Likely future impact
- Completion of form:
- Demonstrate a high standard of English with no spelling and language errors
- Answer all of the questions fully and with attention to detail
- Provide all the necessary documentation and supporting documents.
Who is qualified to apply? To apply for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Be normally resident in southern Africa
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time one-year taught masters course at one of the above named universities.
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field
Number of Scholarship: Approximately 20-30 awards
Method of Application: Applicants can access the application forms and guidelines on the webpage. Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 18th March 2018
Sponsors: Canon Collins Trust
Important Notes: These scholarships are for Masters Study in any subject field. Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at one of the above universities. At the time of applying for a scholarship applicants are expected to apply independently to the universities of their choice.