The American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program and the International Relations Committee offers International ACS NSQIP Scholarships for the surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada. These scholarships will cover the amount of $10,000 each.
Course Level:Â Â These scholarships are available for surgeons.
Eligible Nationalities:Â Applicants from countries other than the United States or Canada
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must be graduates of schools of medicine.
- Applicants must submit their applications from their intended permanent institution. Applications will be accepted for processing only when the applicants have been in surgical practice, teaching, or research for a minimum of one year at their intended permanent location, following completion of all formal training (including fellowships and scholarships).
- Applicants must be under 55 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to surgical quality improvement.
Method of Application:Â The mode of application is online.
- Applicants must submit a fully completed online application form provided by the College on its website. The application and accompanying materials must be prepared in English. Submission of curriculum vitae only is not acceptable.
- Applicants must provide information regarding their work setting, including their hospital and the patients they see, as well as their participation in quality improvement activities in this setting. They must also indicate their career goals, indicating how they plan to transfer their newly acquired learning to their current situation.
- Applicants must submit letters of recommendation from three of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department of their hospital or in which they hold an academic appointment or a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chairâ€™s or the Fellowâ€™s letter is to include a specific statement detailing the nature and extent of the quality improvement involvement of the applicant. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the person making the recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit curriculum vitae of no more than 10 pages.
- The International ACS NSQIP Scholarships must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
- Applicants who are awarded scholarships will submit a full written report of the experiences provided through the scholarships upon completion of their scholarships.
- An unsuccessful applicant may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a current application form provided by the College, together with new supporting documentation.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â February 15, 2018