The King’s Nigerian Law Scholars Fund is a fund to help students from Nigeria to undertake the one year LLM Law programme at King’s. This fund is intended to give students the opportunity to further their legal careers in an internationally recognised centre of excellence.
The scholarship is intended to support the winner with the full cost of tuition fees and provide a living costs allowance whilst studying. The scholarships are worth £25,000 and are intended to help towards the cost of your tuition fees for the year, as well as living costs whilst you are studying.
Course Level: LLM
Field of Study: Law and legal studies
Scholarship Value:The scholarship will be worth £25,000 and will cover the full cost of your tuition fees for the year, as well as providing a living costs allowance whilst you are studying. This comprise £22,800* to cover full tuition fees and £2,200 towards your living costs.
Scholarship Provider: King’s College London
- Applicants must have a confirmed place to study the one year LLM Law programme at King’s College London in September 2017.
- This Fund is open to residents of Nigeria only.
Eligible students must:
- be undertaking the one year LLM Law programme at King’s, 2017 entry;
- be able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance;
- have provided a written personal statement;
- be ordinarily resident in Nigeria, and be liable for the international rate of tuition fees at King’s;
- be intending to return to Nigeria on completion of studies, to share the skills gained whilst studying at King’s;
- be willing to provide an end of year report and a letter of thanks to the donor.
- The award of a scholarship to an offer-holder will be conditional upon:
- the offer-holder accepting a place on the King’s LLM programme and
- the fulfilment by the offer-holder of all conditions, both academic and English Language, attached to his or her offer of a place at King’s by 10 July 2017.
- The winner will be selected on the basis of a personal statement as well as demonstrable financial need.
How to Apply for this Scholarship:
Applications can be downloaded here(pdf).
The application form should be completed, scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Alternatively it may be posted to Student Funding Office.
You must submit a word/pdf version of your supporting statement.
This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information Visit Scholarship Webpage
Scholarship Application deadline: 13 April 2017.