Scholarship Description :
Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI), for international students undertaking postgraduate research study for Master’s and Doctoral degrees.
The purpose of the financial award programme is to attract high quality overseas postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of Adelaide to support its research effort.
A number of ASI scholarships may be available in the mid year round of scholarships yearly to outstanding international students from any country undertaking postgraduate research in any academic discipline.
Course Level: Postgraduate (masters, doctoral, research)
Scholarship Provider: The University of Adelaide
Field of Study:
All masters and doctoral courses by research in any academic discipline offered at the university
Eligible Countries: Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Australia and New Zealand)
Scholarship Duration: The ASI covers two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only)
Scholarship Value: The ASI provides course tuition fees AND an annual living allowance ($26,288 in 2016).
For Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6 month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 500 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
- In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- International applicants must provide evidence of meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, OR completion of a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are NOT considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are NOT eligible.
- Please see official website for complete eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for this Scholarship:
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via the official online application system. There is no application fee. The university strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply to this scholarship.
For more information Visit Scholarship Webpage
Scholarship Application Deadline: 30 April 2017