The Vienna Biocenter Summer School provides a unique opportunity for approx. 20 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment.
The programme aims to attract talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is the perfect preparation for those students who are interested in graduate study in the life sciences arena. Applicants who are successful are provided with accommodation, a travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the scholarship. The programme, starts on the last Friday in June and finishes on the the last Friday of August (or 31 August) each year.
- Have completed at least 3 years of university courses in biology or relevant subject areas (senior undergraduate or master level students)
- a final bachelor or master degree is not required
- students already enrolled in a PhD are not eligible to apply
- Basic knowledge of biological research and technical laboratory skills; prior lab experience is beneficial but not required;
- English proficiency (English will be the working language)
- High level of motivation and willingness to learn
- Excellent team-player and ability to work in a group
- Commitment to attend the entire three months (June 1st – August 31st)
- Selected fellows receive numerous benefits e.g. free student accommodation, a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme, medical insurance and others.
The Vienna Biocenter Summer School do not charge an application fee and welcome applications from students (BA Hons, Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study in a Life Sciences related study. .
Method of Application
For More Information,
Application Deadline: January 28, 2024