NerdzFactory Foundation is accepting applications for the PowerUp Entrepreneurship Program 2024. The PowerUP Entrepreneurship Program empowers young Nigerians by providing them with the necessary tools and support to excel as entrepreneurs. The program will expose participants to skills that they require to start and grow their business.
It has been established that one of the major causes of youth unemployment in Nigeria is the current high level of skills gap among young people, which makes it difficult for young people to secure decent jobs and build thriving businesses, highlighting the need for job creation and entrepreneurship programs such as PowerUp to equip young people to start and grow sustainable businesses.
To maximize impact, the program is divided into several components, including:
- PowerUp Webinar
- PowerUp BootCamp
- PowerUp Demo-Day
- Increase youth participation in entrepreneurship
- Help youth identify business opportunities that they can commence with minimum capital
- Improve access to finance for existing businesses
- Develop business skills
- Promote collaboration and networking
- Create jobs and economic opportunities
- Open to young Nigerians between 18 and 35 years including:
- Young graduates
- Final year students
- Unemployed youth
- NYSC Corp members
- Aspiring entrepreneurs
- Existing entrepreneurs
- Start Date: Monday 4th December, 2023
- Mode of Delivery/Training: The program will employ a hybrid mode of training – Physical and Virtual.
- Duration: The PowerUP Entrepreneurship Program will run for a duration of 2-week, with the webinar series, from Monday 4th December, 2023 to Friday 15th December, 2023.
- Venue of classes: Physical class holds at NerdzFactory HQ, Ogudu GRA, Lagos, while virtual class holds on Zoom.
Method of Application
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023.