The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2)’s EarthRanger program is committed to helping protected areas and conservation organizations safeguard wildlife and their habitats through the advancement of technology.
AI2 seeks to provide two (2) grants, each in the amount of $15,000 USD, to organizations that deployed or developed technology to make a positive impact in conservation management, including but not limited to, the security of endangered animals, animal behavioral research, anti-poaching enforcement, ecological management, and human-wildlife coexistence:
- Technology Adopter Grant: this grant is for an organization that adopted technology in new or novel ways for conservation management.
- Technology Practitioner Grant: this grant is for an organization that developed technology (e.g., software, applications, AI models/algorithms, hardware) to advance conservation management.
- AI2 seeks to provide two (2) grants, each in the amount of $15,000 USD, to organizations that deployed or developed technology to make a positive impact in conservation management
- Nonprofit and for-profit organizations and protected areas managed in whole or in part by a nonprofit or for-profit organization are eligible to apply.
- Both EarthRanger users and non-users are welcome to apply for either grant.
- All applicants must follow AI2’s Business Partner Code of Conduct.
- Past applicants including grantees with new projects or initiatives eligible to apply.
Method of Application
- Online applications must be fully completed by August 18, 2023 and include a point of contact on behalf of the organization.
- All applications will be vetted by AI2 for compliance with applicable laws and US government guidelines for international grantmaking.
- Applicants may only apply for one (1) grant by selecting either the Technology Adopter Grant or Technology Practitioner Grant in the online application form.
For more information, visit EarthRanger website
Application Deadline: August 18, 2023