AFD Group continues to strengthen its support for African start-ups and digital players for the sixth consecutive year. Since 2016, the annual objective of the AFD Digital Challenge has been to identify these projects, promote them and accelerate their development. This latest edition of the AFD Digital Challenge is dedicated to digital technology for cultural and creative industries. The Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI) are not only a place for entertainment, they are also a major lever for economic and social development. The role of these industries goes beyond their mere potential for wealth creation, as they actively participate in strengthening social cohesion, inclusion, the valorisation of African cultures and the emancipation of citizens.
- Your digital project involves one of the six main sectors of activity of the Cultural and Creative Industries
- Your project offers a digital solution to one of the following three challenges
– Transformation of the modes of production and consumption of cultural and creative goods and services
– Enhancing the value of African cultural heritage and legacies
– Promotion of inclusive access to cultural and creative content
- Your project is currently in the seed phase (prototyping or beginning of commercialization with an indicative annual turnover of 0 to 18 000€), or in the acceleration phase (economic model and user market established with an indicative annual turnover of 18 000 to 250 000€/year
- Your project has a legal structure based in one or more African countries
- Your project has a sustainable and autonomous economic model
- Digital technology is at the heart of your solution
The electronic application form consists of two parts:
● An administrative section, covering the administrative and legal nature of the Participant (company name, date of creation, governance, etc.).
● A project section, focusing on the qualitative aspects of the entrepreneurial project put forward by the Participant in the framework of the Challenge (business purpose, turnover, description of the service/product, etc.).
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: February 23, 2023