The Young Global Changers (YGC) are individuals with innovative ideas on how to make this world a better place. They must have developed a project or an initiative to turn these ideas into action. The Young Global Changers program brings together these young people from around the world who are working towards a global paradigm shift, combining their talents and together becoming a strong voice for change.
Since 2017, the Young Global Changers program has attracted over 410 students and young professionals from more than 120 different countries to participate in the Global Solutions Summit and to attend the Global Solutions Summer School
- Young entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are involved in a leading role in a social enterprise that aims at aligning economic activity with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
- Young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- Young non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change on a local, regional or even on the global level.
- The project, business or initiative that you apply with needs to aim at recoupling, i.e. a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The applicant should have a leading position in the project/initiative they are applying with. (e.g. founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- The applicant needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants need to be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
The scholarship includes the following:
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin**
- Accommodation for the time of the Global Solutions Summit (four nights, May 13-17, 2023)***
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2023
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers
- Possibilities for further engagement
All eligible applicants will…
- Become members of the extended YGC network
- Receive invitations to GSI events, workshops, contribute to on-going discussions and more.
All applicants who qualify to be among the Top 50 will become part of our
* 2023 Young Global Changers * cohort.
- Become a 2023 Yong Global Changer
- Present your project on the Global Solutions website
- Connect with changemakers & experts
- Receive invitations to events and collaborative projects
Full Scholarship to attend the Global Solutions Summit in Berlin (May 15 – 16, 2023)
- Scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summit 2023!
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- A chance to present your project in front of jury and an international audience
3 Award Winners
Will be selected by jury of renowned experts
The three winners will receive…
- Selected project will have a chance to receive mentoring, training and further support to help improve their project or initiative.
- December 15, 2022: Application Start
- JANUARY 26, 2023: Application Deadline
- FEBRUARY 23, 2023: Announce Top 50
- MARCH 23, 2023: Announce Finalists
- MAY 15 – 16, 2023: Finals in Berlin
Method of Application
Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your project. There are no costs associated with the application. For a successful submission the following information and material will need to be provided:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth)
- Project information (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling)
- Upload of the following documents: 1. CV, 2. project description, 3. photo of you, 4. short video (max. 5 min)
The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. Of all projects submitted, the best 50 will be presented on our website, a minimum of 10 projects will be selected for the final round in Berlin.
The best initiatives among the finalists will be presented in front of a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2023 on May 15/16 in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site. (It will not be a disadvantage if one of the finalists is not able to attend the summit in Berlin in person.)
– Download “Important Tips on How to Apply Successfully” as PDF –
– Download “Submission Checklist” as PDF –
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: JANUARY 26, 2023