If you are a high-performing student and have a strong desire to undertake a degree programme at a world-class research institution, you could be selected to receive full tuition fees and a generous stipend for a PhD place at Imperial College London.
The President’s Scholarships provides up to 50 research students the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of an excellent supervisor.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Ph.D., Research
Number of Awardees: Up to 50
Value of Imperial College President’s Ph.D. Scholarships:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,800 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
Duration of Scholarship: up to 3.5 years
Method of Application: There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must include a 2-page document, the first page a personal statement and the second your research proposal. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission if your department shortlists you for the scholarship. You are encouraged to write in the first person and to avoid the use of gender pronouns.
- When prompted for the names of two academic referees, these should not include your proposed PhD supervisor. You are encouraged to share this guidance with your two referees, noting, in particular, the recommendation to use ‘they/them’ language (rather than gender pronouns).
- To be considered for the President’s PhD Scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
- Applicants who apply before 4 November 2022 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 23 January 2023.
- Applicants who apply before 6 January 2023 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 20 March 2023.
- Applicants who apply before 3 March 2023 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 22 May 2023..