2021 UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition for amateur/professional photographers
Are you an amateur or professional photographer with an interest in youth skills? Don’t miss your chance to enter the UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition!
You are eligible to participate as long as:
- you are at least 18 years old.
- you are the owner or copyright holder of the photo entry/entries.
Photos should highlight the innovative aspects of technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
We want you to capture interesting moments showcasing how TVET is equipping young people with skills for the future. This year’s theme is The future of youth skills and submissions should focus on one or all of the following:
* TVET for a sustainable future – photos highlighting how skilled young people are applying their knowledge and training to contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
* Preparing for a digitalized world – photos highlighting how the digitalization of TVET is helping to build skills and competencies for the changing future of work.
* Skills for inclusive growth – photos highlighting the importance of ensuring equal access to innovative, future-oriented TVET, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality or disability.
The winners of the Skills in Action Photo Competition will receive the following prizes:
1st prize – 750 USD
2nd prize – 500 USD
3rd prize – 350 USD
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries will be featured on the UNESCO-UNEVOC website and across various social media platforms. All submissions received will become the property of UNESCO-UNEVOC and will be eligible for use in future UNESCO-UNEVOC media campaigns, publications and promotional material.
The submission deadline has been extended to 31 August 2021. All photos must be accompanied by the completed submission form and sent to: unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org.
- All entries should be submitted with a title, a brief paragraph (not more than 75 words) explaining the context of the photo, along with where and when it was taken.
- All photos submitted should be in jpeg format. It will be an advantage to submit Raw/Tiff files. The longer side should be at least 3,000 pixels. The entrants are allowed to digitally manipulate entries slightly and state the nature of manipulation. Please do not include any marks, logos, watermarks, or borders in your photos.
- Your photos should be related to the themes mentioned above.
How to submit
After taking your photo/s:
1. Add a title and write a short description for every photo.
2. Rename the photo/s in this format: Lastname-Firstname_title.jpeg (example: Oyelowo-Eyitayo_Female-aircraft-engineers.jpeg/.tiff)
3. Make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions. (Also found in the submission form)
4. Download and complete the submission form and rename the form in this format: Lastname-Firstname_SAPC20_SF.docx (Note that the insert picture/thumbnail function may not work for MSWord97-2003 versions)
5. Send the completed form (with thumbnails of the pictures) along with the original photo files to unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org with the following email subject heading Last name_SAPhotoCompetition2020. Note that the attachment size may have a limit. In case of multiple entries that cannot be sent via email, you can use any cloud storage servers you prefer and provide us with the direct link (no sign-up required) to download. WeTransfer is an example of an online file sharing service.
Application Deadline: 31 August 2021
For More Information: