The University of Rwanda (UR) through its African Center of Excellence in Data Science
(ACE-DS) at College of Business and Economics (CBE) is offering Masters programs in Data
Science with the following exit award:
- Master of Science in Data Science in Data mining,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Econometrics,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Biostatistics,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Demography,
- Master of Science in Data Science in Actuarial Science
Eligibility: To be admitted, interested candidates must have:
- A minimum Second-Class Honors Upper Division Degree or Second-Class Honors, Lower Division Degree with experience of three years in data management and analysis in the discipline of mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science and other related disciplines from any recognized Institution.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: There are 10 scholarship opportunities available in ACE-DS on a competitive basis (highest marks) for eligible candidates. Self-sponsored and candidates with sponsorship from employers or other organizations are encouraged.
Duration of Award: This program lasts for 24 months and requires full-time by coursework (courses will be offered on a modular basis) and dissertation in a day program
Method of Application:
- Go to UR Website (www.ur.ac.rw )
- Go to Admission, Applicant Portal and click to (New Application)
- Fill the Biographical Form and click (Save) at the end you will get “Your
- Student ID Reference Number”. Please keep this ID Number as it will be
- your ID identification for all transactions at UR
- Create a PIN of 5 numeric digits, do not start with a 0 (this PIN will serve as
- your password to access your student account), leave the page and open the link below.
- Candidates are requested to submit all required documents by using this Link: pgfile.ur.ac.rw/pgfile/findme.php
Required documents for application;
- A cover letter indicating for which program of study the application is being made
and description of the motivation to join the program
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Notarized Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts
- Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees who are knowledgeable
about the applicant.
- Support letter from employer (if any).
- Copies of valid identification card and/or passport.
- Sponsorship letter from an organization (if any).
- Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must
provide an English proficiency certificate from a relevant body or institution in their