Are you an African woman writer, photographer, creator, artist or with an interest to raise your voice? We want to hear from you about which of the 10 Demands speaks to you.
This creative contest invites African women to reflect on the Demands of the Africa Young Women Beijing+25 Manifesto by submitting a photo, a drawing, or a short video accompanied with a maximum of 500 words describing or narrating your story or the reality in your community after choosing one of the 10 Manifesto Demands in response to the following prompts: “How does the Demand you’ve chosen speak to you, or your community? We would like to hear about your experiences, your realities, and why the demands matter to you and why it should matter for decision-makers to act on them. Be creative. We want to hear your voice, and see through your lens. Be authentic and don’t be afraid to express yourself. The submissions will be reviewed by the Nala Council. The top 20 creative submissions will be shortlisted for voting. Voting will begin on May 12 and end on May 25th.
- Any woman of African descent under the age of 40
- Must understand and sign the 10 Manifesto Demands
- A photograph or a graphic, drawing, painting A video – no longer than 90 seconds.
- All submissions must be accompanied with not more than 500 words describing or narrating the story
NOTE: (All submissions must not have previously been submitted in any competition or contents must be original)
- Winner: $ 500
- First Runner-up: $ 200
- Second Runner-up: $ 100
Winner announcements will take place in June during the Paris Generation Equality Forum.
- Your first step is to familiarize yourself with the manifesto: Read the 10 demands.
- Choose one of the demands and tell us why this demand matters to you: why does it speak to your personal story or your community?
- Submit your application using this form
- Please note that submissions can only be accepted in English or French
- No submission will be accepted after the deadline May 10th 2021, before 11:59 PM GMT
Application Deadline: May 10th 2021
For More Information: