Apply for a one-year, fully-funded master’s program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, designed to build a global community of future leaders who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world. Every year, a new class is selected to represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars are selected from an international pool of distinguished candidates. Prospective Scholars are expected to demonstrate academic excellence, exceptional results in their field and outstanding leadership qualities.
In addition to demonstrating extraordinary leadership skills, the ability to anticipate and act on trends and changes in their context, strong intellectual capacity, and exemplary character, candidates must meet the following criteria.
- Must have an undergraduate degree
- Must be 18-28 years of age
- Must be proficient in the English language
Schwarzman Scholars cohort of global leaders reflects the diversity, vibrancy and promise of the world at large. Schwarzman Scholars embrace the opportunity to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions. Candidates who are most qualified to meet the high demands of the program must exhibit excellence in the following areas:
- LEADERSHIP ABILITIES
- EXEMPLARY CHARACTER & INTEGRITY
- ACADEMIC APTITUDE & INTELLECTUAL ABILITY
- EMPATHY & INTERCULTURAL COMPETENCY
- OPEN MINDEDNESS
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
- There is no fee associated with applying to the program.
- Interview expenses, such as economy class air or train travel, group meals, and one night in a hotel if needed, are arranged and covered by the program.
- Expenses for Schwarzman Scholars are also fully covered by the program, including the following: tuition, fees, room and board, travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year, in-country study tours, required course books and supplies, a Lenovo laptop, health insurance, and a personal stipend.
U.S. AND GLOBAL APPLICANTS
- Application period: Apr 2021 – Sep 2021
- Selections: Nov 2021
- Classes begin: Aug 2022
Application Deadline:September 21, 2021
For More Information: