The United Nations University – Japan is currently awarding the Sustainability Science Scholarships to individuals who are willing to pursue a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. The program offers unique opportunities to interact with leading scholars and policymakers through lectures, international conferences, and workshops.
- Applicants must be from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second Ph.D. degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must have
- A minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-IAS research themes which were acquired after obtaining a university degree or
- Two completed Master’s degrees, at least one of which must be in a discipline related to sustainability studies;
- MSc program: 26th February 2021;
- PhD program: 9th April 2021.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Method of Application: The online application form will open in January 2021. Please regularly check the UNU-IAS website for its opening.
Your official application must be submitted through the online application form. You will need to create a user account to submit your applications. The online form can be saved and returned at any time before submitting.
For More Information, Visit The Official Website