This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, to women and girls, disadvantaged youth.
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or providing opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
Deloitte is committed to preparing 50 million people to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy by 2030. They are applying their core skills, experience, and global reach to make an impact through education, skills development, and access to opportunity, in line with SDGs 4 â€“ Quality Education and 8 â€“ Decent Work & Economic Growth. As a longstanding partner of One Young World, they are proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2020, which will enable 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Munich, Germany on October 14 â€“ 17, 2020.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 â€“ 30
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program Benefits.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class);
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte â€œbuddy.â€
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October, 2020;
Deloitte One Young World Scholarship Program Selection Criteria.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
Method of Application
Application would require to provide a short description of themselves, including their current role, achievements and aspirations.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the â€œApplyâ€ button below: