The African Centre for Migration & Society (ACMS) at the University of the Witwatersrand is seeking applications for MA and PhD scholarships offered by DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) as part of its â€˜In-Region Scholarship Programme South Africaâ€™.
DAAD will make the final decisions and administer the scholarships. ACMS is in charge of the first phase of the application process which involves pre-selecting and shortlisting candidates. ACMS will submit the shortlist to DAAD for the second phase of the application process and final decisions.
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country (excluding South Africa);
- Must have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- MA applicants must have an Honours degree or equivalent with a total aggregate mark of at least 65%;
- PhD applicants must have an MA degree with a total aggregate mark of at least 70%;
- Must have been accepted to study for MA/PhD in Migration and Displacement at ACMS.
ACMS Wit University Masters and PhD Scholarships Benefits.
- Full scholarships are available for Four MA and Five PhD students accepted for the Migration and Displacement programme at ACMS in 2021.
Method of Application
Applications should include:
- A cover letter summarising qualifications, professional experience and reasons for interest in the Migration and Displacement programme;
- A complete CV;
- Copies of transcripts and degree certificates;
- SAQA evaluation (for foreign qualifications);
- A short research proposal (1500 words maximum) outlining the proposed research project;
- A writing sample of not more than 10,000 words (e.g., a chapter; article; term paper).
Applications are due midnight, May 5, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.
Email all queries and application materials to:Â email@example.com