The Arts Graduate Research International Grant (AGRIG) is initiated by the University of Melbourne to attract excellent students for the academic year 2020-2021. The program is open for both domestic and international students.
The funding program supports the Faculty of Arts Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Masters by Research (MA) graduate researchers to travel overseas for at least two weeks to conduct research.
Course Level: PhD & Masters by Research
Award: $2,500 â€“ $5,000
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Approximately 30 per year
The award can be taken inÂ Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for the grant.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The bursaries are awarded for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Masters by Research (MA) graduate researchers.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduate researcher enrolled in the Faculty of Arts,
- Be post-confirmation or within three months of your expected confirmation date,
- Be able to demonstrate that the intended travel and research activity are essential to the timely completion of your research thesis with strong support from your supervisor.
- Be able to present a reasonable and justifiable budget,
- Be making satisfactory progress and have a credible plan for timely completion,
- Have school support for 25% of the total budget requested. YourÂ School FundingÂ will be the source of this contribution, and
- Be able to demonstrate that you have met all relevant University policy requirements relating to your research (such as compliance with the Universityâ€™s code of conduct for research and student travel policy):Â Principles and Policy of Research Integrity,Â Student Travel and Transport Policy (MPF1209)Â andÂ Graduate Research Training Policy (MPF1321).
- Supporting Documents:Â Applicants must submit a CV, academic certificates and transcripts with their applications.
- Admission Requirements:Â For taking admission, candidates must meet theÂ entry requirementÂ of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement:Â If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through theÂ English language requirementsÂ page.
The maximum allowance over the duration of the candidature (whether in one long trip, or several repeat trips) is Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) â€“ $5,000 and Master by Research (MA) â€“ $2,500.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2020