The ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment.
The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
- Applicants must be nationals of anÂ ICGEB Member StateÂ and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- The ICGEB Member States now include 21 countries in Africa, 9 in the Middle East, 13 in Europe, 5 in Central America and the Caribbean, 8 in South America and 9 in Asia.
- Applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences Financial Support.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participantâ€™s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research groupâ€™s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences Selection Criteria.
All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement. Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded. The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date.
The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidateâ€™s CV and potential benefit for the home country.The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
Method of Application
Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.