The Health Economics and HIV/AIDS Research Division (HEARD) based at the University of KwaZulu-Natal is proudly offering its PhD Positionsfor the academic year of 2019-2020.
Citizens ofÂ all African countries are invited to apply for this study award. Female candidatesÂ and, in the case of South Africa, thoseÂ from previously disadvantagedÂ backgrounds, are especially encouragedÂ to apply.
Course Level:Â Masterâ€™s Degree
Award:Â R540, 000
Access Mode:Â Online
Number of Awards:Â Varies
Nationality:Â All African countries
The award can be taken inÂ South Africa
Eligible Countries:Â All African countries students can apply for this application .
Acceptable Course or Subjects:Â The sponsorship will be awarded in anyÂ Masterâ€™s DegreeÂ subject offered by the university.
- Applicants must be holding a Masterâ€™s Degree in a pertinentÂ subject or a first or upper second classÂ degree together with a track record ofÂ professional experience in a health oÂ health-related field.
- Candidates must have demonstrable researchÂ experience.
- Undertake to register for a PhDÂ dissertation (full time) at the UniversityÂ of KwaZuluâ€“Natal (UKZN).
- Students make a commitment to remain on the African continent for at least TWO years after graduation.
How to Apply:Â Applicants need to take admission to the university. After takingÂ admission, all students automatically considered for this study program. Applicants in the process of completing a Masterâ€™s degree will not be considered. The first scholarship tranche will beÂ released on proof of PhD registration and the opening of a South African bankÂ account.
- Supporting Documents:Â Applicants must have submitted a letter of motivation and CV, a certified copy of your ID/passport, Two letters of reference, Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records,
- Language Requirements:Â Applicants must comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub-score of speaking skills.
- The value of each scholarship is R540, 000 and will be paid in equal tranches over three years and payments will be conditional on research progress.
- Successful candidates are required to be based in Durban, South Africa, for the duration of the program, with the exception of the time during which they may undertakeÂ field research elsewhere.
Application Deadline:Â 30 January 2020