Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships offering the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia. Australia Awards Scholarships, funded by the Australian Governmentâ€™s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, address the development needs of Australiaâ€™s partner countries, as well as strengthening links between people and organisations.
Masterâ€™s level scholarships are offered to eligible outstanding professionals from civil society, private and public sectors, who on completion of their studies are expected to return to their home country to drive change and contribute to development.
The postgraduate study opportunity provided byÂ Australia Awards Scholarships,Â undertaken in Australia, provides high-quality education and training to talented Africans in specified sectors, in which Australia is recognised as having world-class expertise and experience.Priority sectors include:
â€¢ agricultural productivity
â€¢ public policy
ToÂ beÂ consideredÂ forÂ aÂ scholarship,Â applicants must meet their countryâ€™sÂ eligibilityÂ requirements. Generally, the following requirements apply:
- Mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- For Australia Awards Scholarships, applicants must be at least 25 years and not older than 52 years at the date of application.
- For Australia Awards Short Courses, applicants must be at least 25 years and not older than 55 years by June 2021.
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Citizen of anÂ eligibleÂ African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
For eligible mid-career professionals, who receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, the following benefits will generally apply:
â€¢ Fully paid visa expenses
â€¢ Overseas Student Health Cover, for basic medical costs
â€¢ A contribution to living expenses
â€¢ Adjustment support for women and people with disabilities, if required
â€¢ Supplementary academic support if required, to improve a studentâ€™s performance
â€¢ The opportunity to develop and maintain global links with Australians and other international studentsAustralian educational experience
â€¢ Fully paid tuition fees
â€¢ Fully paid economy class flight to and from Australia
â€¢ The opportunity to join a prestigious alumni network after the scholarship
For more information on the Australia Awards Scholarships, please see the links below:
- Apply now
- Application and selection process
- Interview preparation
- Pre-departure support
- On-Award support
- Plan your reintegration
- Australia Awards Scholarships â€“ 2021 intake brochure
For More Information: