The University of Nigeria, Nsukka presents the Maiden Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition organized by the Faculty of Agriculture, in partnership with Information Communication and Technology (ICT), Unit and the School of Post Graduates Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
The idea of Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition originated from University of Queensland (UQ), when the State of Queensland was suffering severe drought. To conserve water, residents were encouraged to time their showers, and many people had a three-minute timer fixed to the wall in their bathroom. The then Dean of the UQ Graduate School, Emeritus Professor Alan Lawson, borrowed the idea and invented the 3MT Competition for higher degree candidates.
3MT competition cultivates students’ academic, presentation, and research communication skills. Presenting in a 3MT competition increases students’ capacity to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
The 3MT competition has spread round the world in over six hundred (600) Universities and Sixty-Six (66) countries worldwide. Having fully secured the permission of the University of Queensland (UQ) to organize this competition in UNN, the Faculty of Agriculture, in partnership with Information Communication & Technology (ICT) Unit, and the School of Post Graduates Studies is happy to announce the University of Nigeria, Nsukka maiden 3MT competition.
Date: 6th November 2019
Venue: Princess Alexandra Auditorium (P.A.A)
- The UNN 3MT competition is open to all registered PhD students in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
UNN Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition Prizes.
- 1st Prize -N 100,000 and an award of recognition for supervisor(s)
- 2nd Prize – N 50, 000 and an award of recognition for supervisor(s)
- 3rd Prize – N30, 000 and an award of recognition for supervisor(s)
- Lots of consolation prizes as well
Method of Application
Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Admission letter from PG school UNN
- Letter of support from supervisor with your Registration number clearly stated
- Abstract (not more than 250 words)
- 1 slide presentation of research work (Power point)
Scholarship Application Deadline: 16th October 2019
For Enquiries call: 07033085209, 08038728710 Email:email@example.com