For the third year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact, the team who leads the global partnership for Johnson & Johnson with OYW, is collaborating with OYW to offerÂ scholarships to 12 young health leaders across the globeÂ to participate in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
The Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact team supports and champions people on the frontlines who are at the heart of delivering care. The team believes that changing the trajectory of health for humanity requires putting people first, so that communities and health systems have the ability to address the health needs of the worldâ€™s most vulnerable people. Through its global and community-based partnerships and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they need to drive health and well-being in underserved communities.
As well as attending the upcoming 2019 One Young World Summit, scholarship recipients will receive individual coaching from senior Johnson & Johnson executives to further develop theirÂ aspiration, strategy and/or initiatives. In addition, all J&J OYW scholars are buddied with a team of 2019 J&J delegates over the course of the six-month program to help build and strengthen the capacity of the Scholar, through the sharing of their skills and knowledge.
- Applicants must be working on the front lines of delivering care and dedicated to health and care giving to underserved populations and communities.
- You can be a nurse, midwife, community health worker, a doctor, a social entrepreneur, a digital health expert, or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or a nongovernmental organization.
- If selected, Health Care Professionals classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer and may be required to undergo an additional health care compliance approval process by Johnson & Johnson before their scholarship can beÂ confirmed.
Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program Benefits.
The Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program runs from September 2019Â â€“ February 2020. All scholar recipients will be expected to invest 10% of their time in this program and to attend regular Johnson & Johnson webinars and calls. â€‹
- Participation in the 2019Â Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
- Working with 2019Â Johnson & Johnson delegates in buddy teams, over the course of the six-month program to support the Scholar through the sharing of their skills and knowledge
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program pre-workshop and dinner onÂ 21Â October 2019
- Attendance at theÂ J&J OYW ProgramÂ debrief session & lunch on 26 October
- Participation in interactive webinars and conference calls throughout the duration of the Program
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019Â in London, United Kingdom
- The cost of travel to and from LondonÂ (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25Â October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program Selection Criteria.
- Important: Selected scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program periodÂ (September 2019 â€“ February 2020)
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea
- Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project management
One Young World will actively seek and prioritise applicants who are making a positive impact within their local community through the delivery of care to vulnerable people, their families and communities.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the â€œApplyâ€ button below:
Scholarship Application Deadline: 6Â May 2019