At the University of Exeter, the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences is pleased to announce theÂ PhD Studentship to commence in September 2019.
Exeter University combines teaching excellence and a higher level of the student. They are a member of Russell Group of major research-intensive universities.
Course Level: The scholarship is open for PhDÂ program
Study Subject: The scholarship is open forÂ Flux expulsion in shallow water MHD â€“ Mathematics, PhD
Scholarship Award:Â The studentship will cover UK/EU tuition fees plus an annual tax-free stipend of at least Â£14,777 for 3.5 years full-time, or pro rata for part-time study
Nationality: UK/EU and International students
Scholarship can be taken inÂ theÂ UK
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants for this studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honors degree, or
- The equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Natural Sciences, or other appropriate disciplines.
- If English is not your first language you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 in IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project. Alternative tests may beÂ acceptable
- Applicants who are classed as international for tuition fee purposes are not eligible for funding.
- EU applicants who do not meet the residency requirements may still be eligible for a fees-only award
Method of Application:Â In the application process you will be asked to upload several documents.
- Letter of application (outlining your academic interests, prior research experience, a project of choice and reasons for wishing to undertake the project).
- Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained (this should be an interim transcript if you are still studying)
- Two references from referees familiar with your academic work. If your referees prefer, they can email the reference direct toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ quoting the studentship reference number.
- If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country you will need to submit evidence of your proficiency in English.
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â 26th February 2019