The Indiana University awards the Rising Star scholarship in honor ofÂ Yaolin Wang. To be eligible, the applicants must be identifying as a female non-immigrant international student who is a freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of nomination.
Course Level: The scholarships open to study at undergraduate level.
Scholarship Award: The award is a one-time scholarship of $3,000, credited to the studentâ€™s Bursar account in fall 2019.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ the USA
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
Eligibility Criteria:Â To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must:
- Identify as a female non-immigrant international student
- Be a freshman, sophomore, or junior at the time of nomination
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
The nominator needs to demonstrate:
- How the studentâ€™s experience at IU Bloomington has helped them grow and develop as an emerging leader
- The student has a deep desire to continuously improve life at IU by engaging in opportunities to help or lead others
Faculty or staff have to nominate students for this award. Submit a letter of nomination on the form at theÂ scholarship page.
Method of Application:Â Â To apply for the scholarship, the first step of the applicants needs to become a student at IU Bloomington through theÂ admission process.
They will present the Rising Star scholarship at theÂ International Womenâ€™s Day ConferenceÂ on Saturday, March 23.
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 28, 2019