Applications are open for the SAAB Scholarship funded by the South African Association of Botanists in South Africa. The scholarship is open to the applicants who are graduated with a minimum overall average of 70% and study at a tertiary institution in South Africa.
Course Level: The scholarship is open for studies at the Honours level (or 4th year) and MSc studies.
Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of botanically-related science.
Scholarship Award: the applicants will receive:
- There will be 3 scholarships awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in aÂ botanically-related scienceÂ field of study.
- There will also be 1 scholarship awarded, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies.
Nationality: Resident in one of the SADC countries: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships: There are three scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ South Africa.
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently, a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BSc honors degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory â€“ if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- The motivational letter was written by yourself with a description of your proposed honours/4th-year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your honours/4th-year project supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
Method of Application:Â Â Applications must be submitted electronically via email toÂ SAABsecretary@gmail.com
(Insert the words â€œSAAB Scholarship â€“ Your Full Nameâ€ in the email subject line).
Note: Ensure that your documents are in .pdf format
Applications Deadline: February 27, 2019.