The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) are awarded to students from selected countries for full-time masterâ€™s level studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2019. The scholarships cover both living costs and tuition fees.
Eligible countries:Â International students (especially from developing countries)
To be taken in (country):Â Sweden
Accepted Subject Areas:Â About 600 different study programs at Swedish universities are eligible for a scholarship. Priority will be given to applicants choosing study programmes with an emphasis on gender equality, sustainable development, democracy, human rights or poverty reduction.
Eligibility Criteria:Â Applicants must
- be from an eligible country
- You must have minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated full-time or part-time employment, voluntary work, paid/unpaid internship, and/or position of trust.
- display academic qualifications and leadership experience.
- You must be required to pay tuition fees to the universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible masterâ€™s programmes..
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from employment, voluntary work, and/or internship after high school studies.Read more aboutÂ theÂ selection criteria, target countries, and eligible master programmes (in link below)Â before applying.
Number of Scholarships:Â Approximately 180 scholarships will be awarded
- Tuition fees:Â directly paid to the Swedish university by us
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 *
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership ofÂ the SI Network for Future Global LeadersÂ (NFGL)
â€“ a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership ofÂ the SI Alumni NetworkÂ after your scholarship period â€“ a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
Duration of Scholarships:Â The Swedish Institute Study ScholarshipsÂ is intended for full-time masterâ€™s level studies of one or two years, and is only awarded for programmes starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programmes longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
Method of Application:Â The application process consists of these steps.
1. Apply for a masterâ€™s programme at universityadmissions.se
2. Apply for a SISS scholarship
3. Notifications from University Admissions
4. Announcement of 180 successful SI scholarship recipients
Click HereÂ for details to how to apply
Scholarship Application Deadline:
- To begin with, apply for up to four masterâ€™s programmesÂ from 1st December.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship beginning in February 2019.