Beijing Government is offering scholarships for international and developing countries students to study for Undergraduate, Masterâ€™s and Doctoral degrees 2019 and annually.
Eligible Countries:Â InternationalÂ and developing countries students
To be taken in (country):Â Applicants may choose institutions and specialties from the Chinese institutions of higher education in the Beijing region.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
2) Educational background and age limit
- Applicants forÂ undergraduateÂ studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30. Applicants forÂ MastersÂ degree studies in Beijing must have Bachelorâ€™s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants forÂ DoctoralÂ degree studies in Beijing must have Masterâ€™s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50. Applicants for long term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
3) Requirement for the applicantâ€™s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
4) An applicant receives financial support from other Chinese government scholarship programs or organizations/agencies would not be eligible for the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
Number of Scholarships:Â several
The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students only covers tuition fees. According to the applicantsâ€™ status, the allowance for scholarship students can be classified into 5 types:
- 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
- 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
- 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree
- 10,000 RMB/year for a Senior training or long term language program
- 5,000 RMB/year for Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
Duration of Scholarships
- Applicants for Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: duration of scholarship should be under 4 years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
Method of Application:
For specific application means, you can consult the government departments and relevant institutions responsible for dispatching students abroad in your country, Chinese embassies or consulates; or directly apply to the universities qualified to issue such scholarship in Beijing.
VisitÂ scholarship webpageÂ for details
Scholarship Application Deadline:Â All application materials should be handed to the relevant university or college before the end of February every year
Sponsors:Â Beijing Municipal Government â€“ International Cooperation and Exchange Office of Beijing Municipal Commission of Educations